Gen Wright asked:
In these days of mass computer virus distribution by computer hackers and spammers, no educated internet user can think of using the internet without having an anti-spyware program installed. It used to be that one of the most off-putting aspects of Anti-Spyware programs is that the effectiveness of these types of security software is usually heavily dependent or reliant on the amount of cash you pay for their license. Fortunately, these past few years have seen the rise of fully functional and extremely secure freeware Anti-spyware programs. One of the most critically acclaimed is Ad-Aware 2008 Free.
Ad-Aware 2008 is able to scan the registry of your computer, RAM, external storage device and hard drives for tracking, advertising and data-mining activities. This helps you keep your privacy at a higher degree while you are surfing the Internet.
Ad-Aware 2008’s most recent iteration has been greatly improved when it comes to removing rootkits, which are known to cause some of the worst security compromises in modern desktop systems. Ad-Aware 2008’s automatic updates have been also made faster, which is a great boon for people with slower Internet connections. In tandem with Ad-aware 2008, Lavasoft’s ThreatWork will also enable the user to submit suspicious files for analysis. Not only will this allow users to take advantage of the extensive data collected amongst various Ad-Aware users all over the Internet, it will also help combat future threats. Additionally, the software is now compatible with Windows Vista 32- and 64-bit, an OS that has difficulties with other freeware security software.
The main features included in Ad-Aware 2008 Free are:
1. Greatly improved threat detection algorithms. Threats that are being detected by this software are:
– Adware, Spyware, Hijackers and Trojans
– Illegitimate applications and Fraud tools
– Key loggers and Password Stealers
2. Improved rootkit removal system. The removal methods for rootkits have been greatly improved and enhanced to help combat highly advanced and complicated rootkits that are made regularly by malicious programmers.
3. Automatic updates are faster than usual and the scan is finished in several minutes. Alternatively, background scans are also unobtrusive and will not interfere with your current work.
4. CPU load and usage has been significantly reduced to allow the user to perform other cpu-dependent tasks without worrying or thinking of how fast the computer would go during system scans.
5. The download and installation time are optimized and only takes a few minutes to finish.
6. Malicious files can be sent to Lavasoft laboratory to be examined. After the file has been examined, a report will be uploaded to the users especially when it is about a new threat.
7. Multi-language support. Ad-aware 2008 supports a wide variety of languages, such as English, Dutch, French, Flemish, German, Spanish, Portuguese and Italian.
Content for WordPress